Here are some things I'm looking forward to:
- Riding my 29er: this is my first true Moab trip on the 29er. I had it with me last year, but we didn't ride anything but Slickrock. I'm looking forward to getting it out on some other trails.
- Moab diner: the nice thing about riding bikes all day is that I can eat a milkshake every night with a lot less guilt. It won't be guilt-free, though, because that's not how I'm wired.
- Friends: the first three days will just be hanging out with the guys and riding bikes. There's something restorative about having nothing on my agenda but riding my bike.
- Family: wife and kids plus my bro and his family are coming on Friday. It's a ton of fun to see the kids running around together and having a blast in the giant sandbox that is Southern Utah redrock country. And I love just hanging out with my bro and his wife. Not to mention my wife and I honeymooned in Moab, so there's nothing better than being there with her.
- Not working: there is absolutely nothing I look forward to about going to work each day. I won't miss it and will certainly dread going back next week.